And the winner of the CS-411 Underbust Corset Giveaway is…
Congratulations to our winner and thank you to everyone that entered! Let’s not forget to thank our wonderful sponsor, Orchard Corset!
Stay tuned for more giveaways!!!
*The winner has 7 days to claim their prize, otherwise it will be forfeited and redrawn from the existing pool of entries*.
Ladies it’s time to get down to business…let’s talk Black Friday! Most of you already know that this is the one day of the year where American based retailers have to MOST INSANE sales to kick off the holiday shopping season. The great thing is a lot of retailers outside the US now take part which means even more great savings from many of our favorite online shops and avoiding long lines or dealing with the madness of other shoppers. Now here’s the thing, don’t go crazy with spending…you will really regret it when that credit card bill comes next month. To help prevent overspending or buyer’s remorse, we’ll go over some helpful tips on how to maximize your savings and not break the bank.
1) Make a wishlist at each online retailer and narrow down your choices in the days leading up to Black Friday. It’s time to practice tough love…do you really need that skirt in every colour? Do you have an event to wear that evening gown? Be practical! Buy the items that you’ve wanted for months but may have not had the funds to pay full price. It’s easy to like all the pretty pinup dresses but do you really love it and see yourself wearing it often? Don’t be afraid to add things to your wishlist and remove them as you narrow down your choices.
2) Be mindful of your budget. Make a tally of your wishlists at ALL the online retailers to see how much you’ll be spending pre-sale pricing. Factor in the approximate discount offered by the retailer in previous years and know that it’s likely to be around that same mark. It is SO easy to get carried away with all the great deals and it will leave you regretting your impulse buys when the excitement is over. Most of us have a budget to follow, be sure to maintain that and not go over just because it was “on sale”.
3) Prioritize. Which items are most important on your wishlist? The majority of online retailers are in different time zones so this will allow you to effectively manage your time. Organize your schedule based on the sale start times for each one. There’s nothing wrong with having your game plan written out in detail, this will help you keep everything on track.
4) Have a backup plan. Often websites will crash when the sales commence and might require you to use another web browser or mobile device to not miss out on your coveted items. This means, BE PATIENT! Retailers know when the website crashes and have their IT teams on standby to get them back up and running ASAP! They too don’t want this to happen and usually have a backup plan in the wings just in case. Getting snippy or complaining is not necessary; it just fuels the masses of hysteria.
5) Have fun! Who doesn’t love saving money and buying gorgeous clothing? Don’t forget to relish in the hunt and share your purchases with me on Facebook! For the first time in years I have decided to forego Black Friday shopping and save my pennies so I will be living vicariously through all of you!
If this is your first Black Friday or a seasoned BF shopper, I hope these tips will enable you to effectively manage your money saving skills on the biggest shopping day of the year! I will be posting as many sales on my Facebook page as possible, please feel free to send them over my way & I’ll repost for all to enjoy. 🙂
Buying your first corset can be a very daunting experience but it certainly does not have to be. Orchard Corset has truly become a leading source for educational videos, impeccable customer service and really makes the whole experience so much fun! Since I began blogging almost 3 years ago now, I have watched them grow leaps and bounds to establish themselves as a household name in corsetry among people from all walks of life. Orchard Corset listens to their customers’ feedback and introduces exciting new products to the corset market that we never thought possible. A perfect example is the fabulous CS-411 Underbust Cotton Corsets!
Available in sizes 16-46 in tan & black cotton ~ MSRP $76
After some trial and error with sizing, I have found that the size 22 in the CS-411 is right for me. It is recommended that you order 5-7 inches below your natural waist measurements and for plus sizes (38″ or more) 7-10 inches to allow for cinching. If you are really unsure, please contact with the team at Orchard Corset and they will help guide you to select the right size. Once my new corset arrived, I switched out the black laces with satin ribbons in lavender before beginning the seasoning process. This was super easy to do after watching the instructional video by Cheri (VIEW HERE). The CS-411 is one of their medium length underbust corsets, ideal for a short to average torso. The primary features include 16 flat & spiral steel bones, a 5″ modesty panel, waist tape reinforcement and made from 100% premium cotton.
In my mind, I thought lacing with the satin ribbons would be easier to close than the nylon laces due to the silkiness of the ribbon but I was wrong. The ribbons seem to provide a slight friction since they are wider than the grommet holes and takes a little more effort to close snugly. I personally love the look of the satin ribbons and find them much less bulky. Make sure to keep the old laces in a safe place as you make want to switch them back at a later time. The CS-411 works wonderfully with my short torso, sadly I can’t wear the CS-426 as its much too long. There is minimal coverage over the hips but I don’t find it cuts in at all thankfully. If you want to avoid the dreaded flesh spillage make sure leave a slight gap at the top and bottom of the corset, enough to place two fingers while cinching close. This was a marvelous trick I learned recently by a corset designer and it works every time.
The cotton fabric makes this corset great for warmer climates and more comfortable when having to layer with other shapewear under your outfits. I have been asked if you can wear just a corset under a dress and the honest answer is no. Why? The busk closure hooks risk to damage your clothing and should be paired with a Spanx like shaper over-top to prevent this from occurring. There may be other options available but this method seems to be the most commonly recommended by fellow corset wearers.
It has been a great pleasure to witness first hand how much Orchard Corset has grown these past few years, just as I have since I began my blogging journey. I look forward to seeing what the future holds with all of their new corset creations and continue showcasing them for my readers to discover as well.
What seems like many moons ago now, I was introduced to Uptown Atomic when the lovely creator Ginger donated one of her spectacular handmade playsuits for a giveaway. Little did I know, I had some incredibly talented blog readers right under my nose. As I began following her work, I quickly saw that Ginger’s designs were coveted by fellow pinup lovers and is a total sweetheart too. For months I lusted after the 1950s Style Pinup Senorita Dress and I finally managed to scoop it up during a 50% Flash Sale event.
Available in custom sizes ~ MSRP $175
At the time I placed my order, the sizes were predetermined by the bust and waist measurements listed (ie: bust 36″, waist 26″). I placed a special request to adjust the waist from 26″ to 27″ since all Rockabillybettie’s designs were made to order. Now came the hard part, waiting patiently for my dress to fabricated and shipped. Several weeks later…that day finally came and it was more than worth the wait. The rich vibrant colours in the Mexican print fabric just screamed gorgeousness! All the attention to detail, especially the bottom pom-pom trim just made the dress such a statement piece. Once I was done drooling over the design, I was excited to finally try it on to see if I could pull off such a bold colourful look. Needless to say, I am so glad that I ventured outside of my comfort zone as this dress added some much needed spice to my wardrobe. The overall fit was very good, I do need to have the bust area taken in slightly as I prefer dresses to be snug around my bust and ribcage. The hemline is a bit on the longer side but I am only 5′-4″ and I would not want to remove any the magnificence of the pattern whatsoever.
In my experience, all handmade clothing is definitely not created equal. There are many people who simply learn to sew and there are those who really have a talent for it. I can honestly say with pure confidence, Ginger is the real deal! Her attention to detail and impeccable craftsmanship shows that she has a genuine gift for what she does. The Senorita Dress really stands out from the crowd; my favorite part is the pom-pom trim because it brings a new dimension to what we normally see in vintage reproduction designs.
The best part was accessorizing! I spent a massive amount of time choosing the right colour combination in bakelite bracelets, this was a tough task since there are so many gorgeous colours to work with in the spectacular print. Although I normally shy away from wearing a petticoat, one was essential with the Senorita dress to show off it’s brilliance. I finished it off with a pair of cherry red Madden Girl pumps to tie the ensemble together from head to toe.
The Senorita Dress is a limited edition print and will be re-released in limited run of sizes in the coming weeks. Make sure to keep an eye on Uptown Atomic’s Etsy shop to snag one up before they are gone forever! Stay tuned for more reviews featuring their incredible handmade creations…