Recently, you the readers were asked who you would love to see interviewed on Pin Up Persuasion and the overwhelming response was the lovely Cherry Dollface! Many of you may know Cherry from her incredibly informative YouTube Pin Up tutorials. It is with great pleasure we have this opportunity to get to know a little bit more about the gal behind the camera…
-Tell us a about the gal “Cherry Dollface”, what do you enjoy outside of your work…
- Work takes up so much of my time! But my work is also my hobby so it goes hand in hand. I love doing hair! I also love spending time with my new husband. We have a pretty mellow life. We love movies and making dinner and going for walks and visiting museums. I am a pretty normal gal.
- In 2004 I was at a car show and a photographer snapped a photo of me that later ended up on the cover of a magazine. From there it just kind of took off!
- My real name is Cherokee so Cherry was a nickname growing up. And my email forever was CherryDollface– so it just kind of stuck.
- I find inspiration everywhere. But mostly what inspires me is happiness. I love feeling whole and happy when I go to sleep at night so I am always searching for the things in my life that make me feel that way. I love when I get emails and messages from people saying that my videos have somehow changed or improved their lives. That gives me motivation to keep going on the days when things get tough.
- I was 19 and I got the cherries on my chest. And it is hard to pick a favorite but right now it is my back piece because it took so long and was so painful and I am just glad it is done!
- When I was 14 I learned how to swing dance and that started my obsession with vintage culture.
– If you could meet anyone living or deceased, who would it be and why?
- I would meet Homer Simpson and share a donut and a mug of Duff beer.
- I think a lot of vintage looks are already making a comeback. But I would love to see modesty come back. The trend of butt cheeks hanging out all over the place is appalling.
- Nope! Self taught. 🙂
- Absolutely not. It started as a fun hobby when I was in college working on a business degree. But now that degree has helped me turn my hobby into my career. I thank my lucky stars every day that I get to live the life that I do.
- Perhaps pregnant! Oh man I am going to look ridiculous. Ha! I hope that in 5 years I am dominating the world and living a happy life with my husband and loved ones
- I just designed the “Cherry Dollface” dress with Steady Clothing- it should be available by the end of the year. I am also working on doing a tour of my pinup hair and makeup classes next year. So far I am doing the mid west but I am open to other cities that want to sponsor me. And I have a really big announcement coming at the end of the year but I can’t talk about it yet!
- Just be yourself. Don’t cave to the pressures of what society tells you is beautiful or “normal.” It’s ok to feel a bit weird and out of place, especially when you are a teenager. But the more true to yourself you stay when you are young, the happier you will be as you get older.
Now let’s go with some randoms questions totally not related to switch things up…
- Koala bears. They’re so darn cute!
- Looks for intelligence for sure. There is nothing less attractive than an airhead.
- Oh man– I don’t think I can answer this one without incriminating people. My two best friends are the biggest weirdos I know, so we have lots of really random all-over-the-map conversations.
- More mice.
- CALIFORNIA DRIVERS!!! I wish I could teach them all how to merge. Zipper method, people!
- I would go into a fire station and randomly pick a fireman. Those guys deserve it.
- I have always had an insane crush on Batman, but I think Superman would take the cake. He can fly!
- A 1953 Buick Skylark. Convertible. Because I look good all sparkly and topless. 🙂
- Mandy? Is that Barry Manilow? I’ll go with that one.
A very big thank you to Cherry Dollface for everything & I hope you all enjoyed getting to know her as much as I did! xo